Compassion Care Rehabilitation Services
Compassion HomeCare Inc is passionate about empowering individuals to maintain their independence. We are a team of rehabilitation professionals dedicated to assisting individuals live more independent and fulfilling lives in the community.
Our services include:
- Surgical Rehabilitation and Recovery: Surgery can result in lasting swelling, decreased range of movement, muscle weakness, decreased mobility and enhanced falls risk. Our rehab team offers one to one treatment in your home to reverse the negative effects of surgery and get you back on your feet again. We believe that surgery is never a success until your full independence is restored and your back doing the activities that are important to you.
- Post Stroke Rehabilitation: Years age they used to tell people that maximum recovery after a stroke occurred within the first year. Today, we know that recovery following a stroke can occur years after the stroke. Our rehab team are experts at assessing and treating following a stroke. If you or a loved one is suffering from impaired mobility and decreased independence following a stroke, we are here to help!
- Parkinson’s Rehabilitation: Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disease that can impair your function and decrease your independence. Physiotherapy has been shown to be an effective treatment approach for the treatment of Parkinson’s. Regular treatment can assist in the maintenance of strength and mobility and decrease the risk of falls as the symptoms of the disease progress.
- Fall prevention: Did you know that 25% of people over 65 years of age experience falls annually and the greatest indicator of a fall is having had a previous fall! Falls are the leading cause of emergency Room visits in community dwelling seniors and one of the leading causes of hospital admission in the senior population. The good news is that falls in the home and community are often preventable with proper environmental changes targeted strengthening and mobility exercises. If you or a loved one is at risk for a fall in the home, we can help. Preventing falls in community settings is our expertise. Don’t let a fall disrupt your or a loved one’s independence.
- Mobility and Strengthening: Are you noticing that you or a loved one simply do not have the strength you once had or that you are having difficulty doing things around the house or in the garden you once enjoyed? Loss of strength and mobility are common as we age and can impact our independence and enjoyment of life activities. Physiotherapy treatment to enhance strength and mobility is an effective treatment to prevent loss of mobility and function. Our team of rehabilitation professionals will design a program to assist you in reaching your strength and mobility goals. Exercise is the fountain of youth!
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Prescription: Our occupational therapy staff are knowledgeable in creating a match between you and your environment. Sometimes simple environmental modifications and accommodations can keep you functioning in your home or make it easier for a caregiver to assist you with activities of daily living. Our professional staff will provide a thorough assessment and recommendations for strategies to keep you safely in your home environment. A simple home safety assessment upon discharge from hospital has been shown to decrease falls risk and increase function in community dwelling elders.
Prevention strategies are key to reduce hospital re-admissions and ER visits for community dwelling seniors.